Saturday, March 8, 2014

Tommy Doerr at Downtown Sarasota Farmers Market

Sometimes it's the beat that draws me over. Sometimes it's the voice. Today it was both, as I ambled down State Street at the Downtown Sarasota Farmers Market and saw an unfamiliar musician singing and strumming to the passersby. When the sound got me swaying, I had to find out who it was. Philadelphia-area native, Englewood-Florida-based Tommy Doerr  is his name, and his flamenco-flavored bluesy rhythms and sandy-voiced smooth vocals were a pleasant surprise.



You can catch Tommy Doerr on Sunday and Monday evenings at Tommy Bahama's on St Armands Circle on Lido Key, Sarasota. Also on Tuesday evenings at Blue Que in Siesta Village on Siesta Key.

I'll probably have more to say after I've seen him play a few times. Meanwhile, check out Funky Time on Tommy D's Reverbnation page, and you'll see what got me moving at the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment