Sunday, June 1, 2014

Brenda Kay Benefit Bash on Siesta Key - TODAY

I don't know whether to be happy or sad . . . I guess I have to feel both right now:

Happy for all the people who are showing up this afternoon at the Brenda Kay Benefit Bash  (1-7PM) at The Beach Club in Siesta Key Village to show Brenda Kay how much they love her. Showing up so she can see them, hear them, hug and be hugged by them. Showing up to serenade her with incredible music.

Sad for the situation that brought out this crowd today. No one deserves to receive an unappealable sentence. No one should have to face the relentless predation of cancer. No one should have to say goodbye in the middle of a healthy, vital, love-filled life.

I'll close on a happy note: The music at the Brenda Kay Benefit Bash this afternoon (Sunday, June 1st) is fabulous. Sarasota musicians know how to show the love better than anyone out there. 

There are still 3 more hours to go, filled with the best live music that Sarasota has to offer. So, please, head out to the Key, and show up. Even if you don't know Brenda. No one judges where love comes from, just that it shows up.


I don't know Brenda, but I'm glad I've had a glimpse of how much she is loved. I wish you life and peace and as much joy as you can fit into each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment